Friday, May 21, 2010

New posts coming soon and roses from the garden...




The school year ends for me next week. Oddly it is one of the busiest times of the entire cycle but nevertheless I'm working on a few new write-ups for the Vault. You won't see anything posted until next weekend unless I can pull off a small miracle. Until then, here are some of the beautiful roses I've been pulling from the garden and stashing in small to big vases all around to scent the house. We're blessed to have inherited some really well established vintage roses at our new digs and I'm learning that the flowers from each tree smell a little (or a lot) differently. Some are really lemony with notes of tea and honey, some have hints of pine and spicy resins, and some exude an incredible, almost fully formed and violet-nuanced perfume. But the blossoms that follow shortly after a severe pruning can smell especially fragrant. After next week I'll be able to give the Vault all the time and attention it deserves but in the meantime, enjoy all your scented wanderings . 

The Vintage Perfume Vault, where the scent of yesterday's vogue lives.

No comments: