Thursday, March 24, 2011

SOTD: Geoffrey Beene Grey Flannel





No more experimenting with my skin! I'm back to vintage this morning and wearing Geoffrey Beene's Grey Flannel. Released in 1975, it's a wet/dry green violet with many subtle shades and tones thanks to a complex formula that marries woody, oriental and floral forms. Perfectly suited to cold and rainy spring days, this scent was made for men although I find it's one of the most wearable violet scents in my arsenal. Sillage and longevity are excellent! Some folks complain about the modern reformulations. My bottle is from a few years back- the label is stamped with maker 'Jacqueline Cochran, New York'.


The Vintage Perfume Vault, where the scent of yesterday's vogue lives.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

I love Grey Flannel, too! I wear it well, but I like it even better when my husband wears it. There's something about smelling its sillage from a distance that is just soooo attractive!

Amelia said...

I agree- although I can't get mine to wear it very often, this is one of those scents that always makes me smile.
XO