Monday, March 7, 2011

SOTD: You Guess #3

 

I was inspired today for my choice of scent after Brian regaled us with his tales of aldehyde-laden perfumes this weekend over at I Smell Therefore I Am.  And I'm still on the perfume rebus puzzle kick as well. The image for today's riddle is taken from a famous 20th century artist, French, of course... I'm giving you lots of hints, though no outright telling. The perfume I selected is mentioned in Brian's post; of course, it's something vintage. If the artwork doesn't give it to you, well, look below the second painting- that's the biggest clue, provided you're up on your French... Cheers and Happy Monday!



The Vintage Perfume Vault, where the scent of yesterday's vogue lives.

paintings both credit the artist: Magritte, not sure if one of the nudes is an artist or student rendered version of the other?

2 comments:

Undina said...

L'Aimant by Coty?

Amelia said...

Undina: you're right! Check your email for a special message...