Thursday, March 17, 2011

Green Perfumes- Happy Saint Patrick's Day from the Vault!

Spring's first mushrooms are popping up in our lawn.... must be time for some green perfumes!


The oldest 'famous' green scent is Houbigant's Fougere Royal, released in 1882.


In 1921 Francoise Coty gave us his smoldering rendition in green- Emeraude...


Pierre Balmain released the green genie that is Vent Vert in 1945.


And Diorella made 1972 memorable with it's unrestrained green exuberance...


EDIT: I'm wearing the spicy complex green chypre Coriandre (1973). With top notes of
aldehydes, coriander, orange blossom and angelica; middle notes of violet root, lily, jasmine, rose and geranium; and base notes of sandalwood, patchouli, musk, civet, oakmoss and vetiver, you might think it heavy, but it's not. The pure parfum is the palest straw color. The scent is deceptively light and transparent but lasting with very decent sillage to boot. The pure perfume and edt are both 'under the radar classics' in my book.


Whatever your favorite vintage green is, wear it today in good health. Happy St. Patrick's Day to all from the Vintage Vault!

The Vintage Perfume Vault, where the scent of yesterday's vogue lives.

6 comments:

Ines said...

Happy St. Patrick's day to you too!

I'll put some vtg Vent Vert tonight. :)

Amelia said...

Ines: I'm just a little 'green' that I can't join you in wearing VV, an all time great green perfume, in all its vintage glory. Ah, well- I'm settling on wearing vintage Coriandre parfum today instead. It's a little on the spicy side, but plenty green and kind of unusual, too. Cheers and enjoy your fragrant green today!
XO
Amelia

jensun said...

Gah! I forgot about Coriandre. I looooove it...

I'm in Vintage Vent Vert today, but may add some Coriandre tonight.

Amelia said...

*jen: Vent Vert is perfect for today, although I think Coriandre has the advantage for after dark...

Thanks for stopping by and a Happy St. P's to you...

Cheers!
XO
Amelia

Undina said...

Do not own anything vintage green (even my diorella is a recent one) so it was Chanel N19 for me today. It felt perfectly green.

Amelia said...

Undina: Chanel No 19 is a beautiful green (and I think it counts as 'vintage green'!)- My Diorella is recent but I love it.
Cheers!
XO
Amelia