Thursday, December 18, 2008

Russian Leather perfumes redux

A quicky follow up on the Russian Leather post and a few newer leather perfumes- I've gotten a chance to smell the new Les Exclusives Chanel Cuir de Russie and the first thing that struck me was the very prominent green hyacinth note at the top. I will guess it is acetaldehyde phenylethyl propyl acetal- probably the wrong spelling but close enough and I can't spell check it of course! But now that I've smelt it in the modern version I detect it in the vintage extrait as well. The vintage Imerial Del Oro Russian Leather Cologne is sweet and balsamic, less floral and less complete than CdR but costs a fraction while smelling similarly rich. Imperial remains a great vintage choice for those who like a balsamic and woody leather scent that is very easy to wear.

No comments: